TALENT ACQUISITION LEAD
This is your unique opportunity to rail against a status quo that’s as bad for clients as it is for marketing professionals. A chance to give single-specialty entrepreneurs long-term stability, a feeling of belonging, and freedom, in a way that neither traditional freelancing, nor precarious full-time employment, can ever hope to. A chance to be part of the first human resources platform for professionals, that’s an unprecedented business development engine. A chance to become our first Talent Acquisition Lead.
This position comes with five big responsibilities:
- Identifying sales opportunities, forging and developing relationships that enable the continued rapid growth of Communo.
- Managing and tracking a sales pipeline, with successful awareness campaigns and programs.
- Leading all aspects of deal execution, including overseeing, and improving, the new member onboarding process, to ensure a seamless transition for new members as they go through our “3i” process: identification, induction, and indoctrination.
- Identifying and tracking corporate needs in the market, to better anticipate the development of future products targeted at small- to medium-sized agencies—as well as working towards building an enterprise offering to service large agencies.
- Onboarding of existing members when Communo rolls out any new feature or service offerings to ensure platform-wide adoption.
While we are growing a flexible global movement, this is a permanent position in our Calgary, Alberta headquarters.
You should have at least seven years of experience selling services into corporations, or selling SAAS. You’ll also need experience with B2B-based partnerships. And you will hopefully have an expansive network of clients to whom you have sold corporate solutions in the past. Additionally, a proven track record of effectively negotiating long-term business agreements, and developing business relationships that impact company performance, would be a tremendous asset. You will be selling something entirely new, and your approach must mirror the entrepreneurial spirit that governs our members and our business. So you must be a self-starter who thrives within ambiguity and not does require micro-management. Eagerness to tackle new challenges, exploit new opportunities, and develop processes to improve efficiencies, and enforce standards, is a must. The right candidate will also be proactive and vocal regarding recommendations to improve our membership experience, while balancing new ideas within the frugal realities associated with an early-growth-stage company. Candidates must have macOS and iOS proficiency (we don’t do Windows). A Macbook and iPhone will be provided.
Perhaps most importantly, please only apply for this job if you are ready to help bring the marketing services industry into the 21st century. In terms of talent acquisition, that means you need to be dynamic:
- Doggedly determined to get things done, think strategically, and not take No for an answer
- You’re at home with Excel, Google Docs, CRMs and other sales-driving tools
- Naturally able to manage complex sales plans and Go-to-Market strategies
- Able to flourish with minimal guidance—highly proactive in the handling uncertainty and ambiguity
- Multi-task with excellent organization skills, paying attention to both details and big picture
- Interpersonal skills that make you a strong internal and external communicator
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment—one with ever-changing requirements
The application is probably the easiest part of this job. Please submit your résumé, along with a short cover letter explaining how you’re ready, willing and able to change the world of marketing with outstanding people skills.