Membership Relations Manager
The Marketing Services model is broken. Everyone is whining about it. But you can join the people who are fixing it. This is your unique opportunity to rail against a status quo that’s as bad for clients as it is for marketing professionals. A chance to give single-specialty entrepreneurs long-term stability, a feeling of belonging, and freedom, in a way that neither traditional freelancing, nor precarious full-time employment, can ever hope to. A chance to be part of the first human resources platform for professionals, that’s also an unprecedented business development engine. A chance to become our first Member Relations Manager.
This position comes with six big responsibilities:
- Overseeing, and improving, the new member onboarding process, to ensure a seamless transition for new members as they go through our “3i” process: identification, induction, and indoctrination.
- Assisting all members with issues that may hinder their ability to succeed. You will be their primary point of contact, and must ably resolve the majority of their concerns.
- Identifying members who may benefit from specific value-add services, and educating them on the many ways they can enhance the potential of their business.
- Overseeing the annual membership renewal process, with a target retention rate of 85%.
- Assisting your Compound’s Vibe Director with flawless execution of Jump Days, Annual Summit, and AGM.
- Maintaining accurate member records, and assisting the Billing Coordinator in Accounts Receivable.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree, along with 3-to-5 years of relevant work experience—that’s a toughie though, it’s hard to prove previous expertise, given the unprecedented start-up nature of our business in hitherto uncharted waters—but that’s part of the challenge. You will be helping to create it, and your approach must mirror the entrepreneurial spirit that governs our members and our business. So you must be a self-starter who thrives within ambiguity and not does require micro-management. Eagerness to tackle new challenges, exploit new opportunities, and develop processes to improve efficiencies, and enforce standards, is a must. The right candidate will also be proactive and vocal regarding recommendations to improve our membership experience while balancing new ideas within the frugal realities associated with an early-growth-stage company. Candidates must have macOS and iOS proficiency (we don’t do Windows), along with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite experience. A Macbook and iPhone will be provided.
Perhaps most importantly, please only apply if you are ready to help bring the marketing services industry into the 21st century. In terms of member relations, that means you need to be devoted:
- Deadline driven—you make things happen, instead of making excuses
- Expert in communications—your writing and speaking quickly motivates others
- Voraciously customer service focused—always polite, fair and friendly
- Organized to the point of mild OCD, with an uncanny ability to multi-task
- Team-oriented, while incredibly self motivated
- Excel in a fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to changes and helping others to succeed.
- Determined to succeed, in the face of numerous trials and errors
The application is probably the easiest part of this job. Please submit your résumé, along with a short cover letter explaining how you’re ready, willing and able to change the world of marketing with outstanding people skills.