The Marketing Services model is broken. Everyone is whining about it. But you can join the people who are fixing it. This job is your unique opportunity to rail against a status quo that’s as bad for clients as it is for marketing professionals. A chance to give single-specialty entrepreneurs long-term stability, a feeling of belonging, and freedom, in a way that neither traditional freelancing, nor precarious full-time employment, can ever hope to. A chance to be part of the first human resources platform for professionals, that’s an unprecedented business development engine. A chance to become our first Product Lead.
This position comes with five big responsibilities:
- Facilitating product visioning sessions with internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize the critical features that will drive membership growth, satisfaction and funding for future phases.
- Hiring and management of third-party product development partners to deliver regular releases, and updates and enhancements across all technology platforms—on time and on budget.
- Proactively seeking out feedback from our members, through one-on-one conversations, focus groups and surveys—in order to develop insights to better inform the product development roadmap.
- Delivering insightful, analytical reports on the product’s performance as it relates to membership growth, platform adoption, and member engagement.
- Collaborating with the Member Relations Team to create marketing campaigns that drive awareness for the platform and its new features, ultimately driving higher levels of product engagement.
While we are growing a flexible global movement, this job is a permanent position in our Calgary, Alberta headquarters.
You should have a Bachelor’s degree, along with 3-to-5 years of experience in technology company product management roles. You will be helping to create something brand new, and your approach must mirror the entrepreneurial spirit that governs our members and our business. So you must be a self-starter who thrives within ambiguity and not does require micro-management. Eagerness to tackle new challenges, exploit new opportunities, and develop processes to improve efficiencies, and enforce standards, is a must. The right candidate will also be proactive and vocal regarding recommendations to improve our product experience, while balancing new ideas within the frugal realities associated with an early-growth-stage company. Candidates must have macOS and iOS proficiency (we don’t do Windows), along with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite experience. A Macbook and iPhone will be provided.
Perhaps most importantly, please only apply if you are ready to help bring the marketing services industry into the 21st century. In terms of product development, that means you need to be driven:
- Demonic with metrics—approaching product performance with a highly analytical mind
- Relentlessly striving to improve the product’s ability to drive business success
- Insanely disciplined, with the ability to protect product integrity by not saying Yes to every single feature
- Voraciously collaborative—able to manage outsourced teams to deliver, on time, budget, brand and brief
- Experience and customer focused—you must aspire to create world class user experiences—and enjoy meeting, learning from, and building the platform for, its users
- Nerdy, with the technical ability to design, prototype, and develop a superior technology platform
The application is probably the easiest part of this job. Please submit your résumé, along with a short cover letter explaining how you’re ready, willing and able to change the world of marketing with outstanding people skills.